Line

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Social Media Buttons

facebook 48   instagram 48   pinterest 48   tumblr 48   twitter 48   bloglovin 48

Friday, August 22, 2014

315 Bowery

 







This is by far one of my favorite T-shirts that I got down on St. Marks Place. Even though CB's closed before I lived out here and had a chance to visit it, I definitely would have been a regular there had I moved here earlier. My boyfriend has a ton of original CBGB shirts (that are unfortunately too big for me, but I'd be killed if I tried getting my hands on them anyway) because he worked there for four years. I wish the Bowery still had the grit it did back then, but that was a different time. Now it's over run with yoga studios and sushi restaurants. There is one store on St. Marks that's been there since the day Iggy first played at CBGB's, it's called Trash & Vaudeville. They also have a website, check it out! It's one of my favorite stores and still has the grit of  early punk rock.

I paired the shirt with lace-trimmed shorts and a kimono for a more feminine look. I got these boots on sale at Urban Outfitters a couple seasons back. Their post-holiday sales fucking rock.

Kimono Nasty Gal / Shirt thrift / Shorts Nomad / Socks American Apparel / Boots Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment